Needle & thread or sewing machine.
Craft rope or ribbon.
1. Cut fabric into rectangle shape, size according to your wanted finish product.
2. Sew medium-width hem on both ends. This hem will ultimately be the hole you put rope/ribbon through, so make sure the width is wide enough for the rope/ribbon to pass.
3. Fold into half, wrong-side out. The hems should align.
4. Sew the sides of the folded fabric, stopping just before the hem.
5. Put the rope/ribbon through the hem, then knot the rope/ribbon. Turn the pouch inside-out.
6. Finish product :)